I’m handing over the microphone today to Ryan Williams, Progressive Calisthenics Instructor at Primal Fitness Pittsburgh! Ryan is really seeing some incredible things happen with our clients who regularly attend his course. Today, Ryan is going to discuss the top five reasons you need to incorporate calisthenic training into your life. So, without further adieu, HERE WE GO!
“Body weight training is probably the most overlooked style of training in the fitness world. The human body is capable of amazing things, one of which is the ability to make itself seem to defy gravity, or in some cases, amplify it! You weigh a specific amount, but with subtle positioning changes you can increase or decrease the leverage of an exercise to make it feel more or less difficult. This is the same principle as adding and subtracting weight on the bar. No matter what your starting point is, you can progressively make the exercise more difficult by changing the leverage and your body position. Most people don’t realize the advanced levels that calisthenics training can be taken to and the average person would have to work a very long time to even come close to “maxing out” the movements.. Even better, because we can train more so on the body with body weight training, we fatigue less and reap the rewards of physique enhancement without the “beat down” of traditional weightlifting. With all that said, here are the top five reasons you should add body weight training into your life
- No equipment needed- You can exercise anywhere, anytime, needing very little space. At most a pull up bar or something sturdy to hang onto like monkey bars at a park, a tree branch or even a rafter in your garage. And if you aren’t at the level of pull ups yet,(or even have the ability to hold a negative) pulling from under a table, or even rowing towards a doorknob or vertical pole can give a thorough back workout for a beginner. Calisthenics movements are infinitely scalable for any fitness level and age.
- Efficiency of movement- Why bother with multiple isolation moves to work every muscle group when you can do pull ups that work you biceps, back muscles, and core, then do push ups that work your chest, shoulders, triceps, and core. Then finish off with a squatting variation to work your glutes, hamstrings, quads and core. With just three moves you can work your entire body. Notice anything common about each movement? Properly engaging your core during every rep of every movement not only build phenomenal core strength, but makes the execution of the move easier. Just three basic movement patterns provide a total body workout.
- Complimentary to nearly every other mode of exercise- Moving your body through space is different than moving an object, and because of that calisthenics compliments every other form of strength training. From kettlebells to olympic lifts, body building to strong man style, body weight moves are a staple to include in every program. Runners and cyclists who want to maintain or increase strength, improve performance and help prevent injury should also partake in a calisthenics strength training program.
- Develops mental focus- When performing moves that require strength, stability and balance, one needs total focus to achieve the most out of their training session. At best, the moves are done with sloppy form, at worst they are unable to be performed at all. Calisthenics builds your mind muscle connection and helps you focus and develop body awareness. In this hectic world where people are pulled in several directions at once, who wouldn’t want to hone their ability to stay mentally focused?
- Risk of Injury is Practically Null and Void- Ever notice how serious lifters or avid runners tend to suffer from chronic pain? They don’t move as fluidly as they should since they’ve taken beatings form the barbell or their knees begin to give from all the pattering on the roads. Calisthenics training opens up the body to a multitude of complex exercises that truly help the body foster an elite level of strength and conditioning with minimal risk to the joints. It is arguably the smartest way to train form a longevity standpoint.
At Primal Fitness Pittsburgh, we offer Pittsburghs’ ONLY Progressive Calisthenics training program. We hold you accountable by providing 1-on-1 coaching in a small group setting so you always know EXACTLY what to do, when to do it, and how to meet and exceed your goals! You will be working with Pittsburgh’s best instructors on functional movement and calisthenics training! Rest rest assured! You’re in good hands !”
Call us at 412-980-4287 for a free consultation or or email us at email@example.com! Get Primal with Progressive Calisthenics from Primal Fitness Pittsburgh Today!
Thanks everyone! Until next time. ..
Master your instincts!